According to a recent edition of the Wicklow Times, the Dáil deputy wrote to the county manager to request that elements of the contract for the harbour scheme be made public so that residents "can see exactly what obligations the contract places on the developer and on the council" in the event of a future economic downturn.
Deputy Harris said it is "really important that the residents of Greystones and their public representatives can see this information so we can all play our part in making constructive suggestions in the interest of the community."
Elsewhere in Wicklow, draft bye laws for Wicklow Harbour are currently on display to the public for consultation until 5pm on Tuesday 29 April.
As the Wicklow Times reported recently, Cllr Kathleen Kelleher has urged people to read over the proposals carefully as plans for new construction in the harbour approach the early stages.
Afloat.ie previously reported on dredging and disposal works in the harbour that were scheduled to begin last Thursday 10 April, the first time the harbour has been dredged since 1998.
Meanwhile, works to address recent storm damage have been underway since last month, with some 6,000 cubic metres beach nourishment set to be placed on the north by the end of April.
Wicklow Town Council also heard in the latest harbour progress report on 25 March that work on a pedestrian access route to the north breakwater is ongoing, while developer Sispar says that legal due diligence had delayed the appointment of a construction partner for the harbour scheme, but was expected to be finalised in the coming days.