#Jobs - Inland Fisheries Ireland is currently seeking to recruit a number of staff as General Operatives in Donegal, Cavan and Roscommon for periods of up to a maximum of four-and-a-half months’ duration during 2017.
The main duties associated with these positions are to:
- Provide, in co-operation with other fisheries staff, comprehensive improvement, development and fisheries management support services within any part of a fisheries district and/or any other area assigned within one or more fisheries districts.
- Erect and maintain stiles and footbridges, and clear weeds.
- Work on improving the approach to all fisheries.
- Construct small car parks.
- Clear heavy growth along banks and shores.
- Erect fishing stands, platforms and catwalks for angling.
- Carry out work such as the operation of hand tools and machinery.
- Carry out concrete and timber work within their capabilities.
- Undertake any other duties of a general nature which may be assigned.
Please note a full driving licence valid in the State is required.
Interviews are expected to be carried out the week commencing Monday 24 July (exact dates to be confirmed).
Salary is €26,568 on the first point of the General Operative Scale (as at 1 April 2017).
Applications (a cover letter and up-to-date CV) should be sent to to [email protected], quoting ‘HR/GO/2017’, by 5pm on Wednesday 19 July. All enquiries to [email protected]. Late applications will not be processed.
Inland Fisheries Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing will disqualify.