Displaying items by tag: Shipping Transportation modes
#PORTS & SHIPPING- The volume of shipping and port traffic through the Republic of Ireland continued to decline during the third quarter of 2011, according to the latest analysis of traffic figures released by the Irish Maritime Development Office (IMDO).
Results from third quarter data indicate that only 1 of the 5 principal freight segments had any growth over the third quarter, while all other segments declined compared to the same period last year as outlined below in the key third quarter data:-
• Lift-on/Lift-off (lo/lo) trades were down 5%
• Roll-on/Roll-off export traffic was down by 2%
• Dry bulk volumes increased by 2%
• Break bulk volumes were down by 3%
• The Tanker/Liquid bulk market was down 7%.
For a more in-depth analysis of each freight-transport mode issued by the IMDO and accompanied by graphic charts click HERE. In addition to compare the 3rd quarter figures with the previous 2nd quater for this year click HERE.