#ANGLING - Qualifiers to select teams for the 2013 World, European and Celtic Cup coarse fishing teams will be fished over six weekends in 2012.
The float and feeder teams for the National Coarse Fishing Federation of Ireland (NCFFI) squads will be decided via an All Ireland Qualifier format to CIPS rules.
Team manager Mark Theedom will select his teams from the top 20 anglers in the float qualifiers and the top 50% of anglers taking part in the feeder qualifiers.
The series will be open to all anglers who are members of NCFFI-affiliated clubs, and is intended to be more inclusive and encourage many more anglers to participate.
All senior anglers will pay an entry fee of €60 for the six-match series which will help fund teams travelling to the 2013 championships. Individual anglers not intending to fish the series but wishing to fish individual qualifiers in their local area will be charged €15. Juniors will not be expected to pay any entry fee.
The qualifier weekends are as follows:
- 21-22 April – River Barrow, Co Carlow
- 19-20 May – Inniscarra, Co Cork
- 2-3 June – River Shannon (O’Brien’s Bridge), Co Clare
- 11-12 August – Lough Muckno, Co Monaghan
- 22-23 September - Lough Oughter, Co Cavan
- 20-21 October – Lower River Bann, Co Antrim