An opportunity to clarify your sailing decisions will be provided by the Irish SB20 class association when it stages a racing strategy clinic run in conjunction with the Howth Yacht Club Spring Warmer Series in April.
The sportsboat class has also launched a new website for the 2016 season. Click here to see the new site.
The new coaching initiative from 9-16th April will take place during HYC racing and outside assistance will be permitted in the series to facilitate coaching.
SB20 sailor Jimmy Dowling says it is a 'great opportunity to hone decision making skills under the guidance of world renowned coach, Mark Rhodes'.
Areas covered include:
● The three segments of the first beat (The Law of Before)
● Creating a starting priority list = creation of strategy = start
● 5 key areas to position at the start (with additional one extra)
● Double tacking – How, why, when
● Fleet / boat control – How, why, when, where
The cost per boat is €100
The annual SB20 class dinner will be held upstairs in the dining room of the Royal Irish Yacht Club on Friday 4th March (19:30hrs for 20:00hrs). The 3 course dinner is €35pp.