The organisers of Metropolitan Rowing Regatta will post a decision tomorrow on whether to go ahead with the event. Strong winds are forecast for Blessington on Saturday. There is a huge entry, and Metro is set to serve as a selection event for the Ireland team for the Home Internationals. The team behind Metro have already laid a new course to deal with a very low water level and have had to repair damage done to the course by vandals.
Metro Regatta Decision on Friday
We've got a favour to ask
More people are reading Afloat.ie than ever thanks to the power of the internet but we're in stormy seas because advertising revenues across the media are falling fast. Unlike many news sites, we haven’t put up a paywall because we want to keep our marine journalism open.
Afloat.ie is Ireland's only full–time marine journalism team and it takes time, money and hard work to produce our content.
So you can see why we need to ask for your help.
If everyone chipped in, we can enhance our coverage and our future would be more secure. You can help us through a small donation. Thank you.