Displaying items by tag: NIWE
The Network of Inland Waterways of Europe (NIWE) has launched its new website to celebrate and promote the many and varied benefits of Europe’s canals, lakes and rivers.
The NIWE, of which Waterways Ireland is a member, has been involved in numerous transnational projects boosting waterways organisations, local communities and businesses, and users alike.
The network’s shared objectives are to:
- Celebrate and promote the economic, social and environmental benefits of Europe’s inland waterways;
- Monitor and disseminate information on EU policy development and programmes;
- Support members’ participation in European initiatives and funding programmes;
- Promote the exchange of experience and knowledge transfer across the NIWE and among other relevant organisations and potential members;
- Create stronger engagement with the EU institutions to ensure the potential of European inland waterways is understood and reflected in EU policy and future programme development; and
- Collaborate with national and international organisations to achieve these stated objectives.
The new website at WaterwaysNetwork.eu is being touted as key tool in realising these objectives, serving as the NIWE’s marketing, project knowledge transfer and promotional platform for the future.
It it hoped it will also assist the network in developing future collaborative opportunities both with both European partners and local, regional and national partners.