Displaying items by tag: dinghy racing
Multiple dinghy national champion and offshore helmsman Kenneth Rumball is holding this series of evening discussions to help dinghy sailors improve their race skills and awareness.
These evenings are specifically designed for dinghy sailors and will encourage attendees to ask specific questions on scenarios they have been in, and discuss the best solutions.
The three sessions will take place on Tuesday 3, Thursday 5 and Tuesday 10 April. Admission for all three, including complementary tea/coffee and course notes each evening, is €20.
1) This is the biggest series in Ireland, typically with over 50 entries
2) Howth welcome - great pre and post race social atmosphere in club.
3) Great Racing - Two short races per day, in open water just outside the harbour with committee boat starts. Great way to work on your helming and tactics over the winter.
4) Mix of competition - Sailors range from top 5 ranked sailors all the way through to beginners and casual racers. Ages range from 15-65.
5) Laser Round the Island and Lunch - A legendary, not to be missed end of season race, and party in March.
6) Great value - €4 per race, which covers the lunch in March also!
7) Free boat parking - entry fee also covers parking your boat in Howth the the full winter.
8) Dedicated race course - No other classes racing. Mix of windward leeward and triangle courses.
9) Full Rig, Radial and 4.7 fleets all supported
10) Friendly advice, guidance and help make it a great introduction to dinghy racing
Enter online at www.hyc.ie. For enquiries contact David Quinn 086 2835671