Mark Mansfield, J Boats agent for Ireland will be on the J Boats stand at the Dusseldorf Boat Show from the 18th of January. One of the three boats that J Boats will be showing will be the J/99, which has received the following accolades in its short life.
- US SAIL Magazine’s 'Best Performance Boat over 31’
- British Yachting Awards 'Racing Yacht-of-the-Year 2019'
- Sailing World magazine’s 'Best Crossover Boat-of-the-Year'
- The J/99 is also nominated for the '2020 European Boat of the Year' in the performance category.
Rarely can you find a cruiser-racer that sports a comfortable interior plus the ability to be able to race it competitively.
- Inshore —Very competitive around the buoys and some recent improvements will make it even more competitive in 2020.
- Offshore —planing hull gives it the ability to really get up and plane downwind.
- Shorthanded—Designed for ease of handling to be easily sailed by a small crew.
- Shorthanded with water ballast—water ballast tanks and pumps can be added for single or doublehanded sailing.
Unlike many other modern boats of this size, the J/99 can perform in all conditions, at all wind angles. Very many new designs are fully offshore orientated with wide sterns and high wetted surface areas. That's great if you are reaching downwind in big breeze, but not so quick upwind and, in particular, upwind in lighter conditions.
J/99 - Perfect for solo, twin, shorthanded or the full crew
The new J/99 (32'6") does it all - combining great sailing performance and stability with below-decks comfort in a boat that can be sailed by just one or two. The deck layout and sail plan are optimised for easy handling, while the roomy cockpit accommodates eight + for fun daysailing.
Want to jump into the next adventure-style overnight race or cruise and can’t find crew? No problem. The J/99 will reward you with easy, high-speed sailing no matter how many crew.
This year there is a public vote for the J/99’s category in the European Yacht of the Year Awards. The winner will be decided in Dusseldorf. Vote here.
Contact [email protected] if you would like to view the J/99 at the Dusseldorf Show. Tel:00 353 87 2506838