Sail Training Ireland is the national Sail Training organisation and a charity with youth development at its core.
Manager of Trainee Programme
Sail Training Ireland (STIRL) is seeking a Manager for their Trainee Programme. This role will suit a dynamic and energetic self-starter who enjoys working as part of a small team in a very varied role. The position will be responsible for delivering STIRL’s annual trainee programme including promoting, recruiting trainees, identifying suitable vessels, reporting, training of trainees and mentors who partake in STIRL’s extensive schedule of voyages. The post also includes responsibility for the promotion of the organisation’s child protection and safeguarding policies and priorities. The successful candidate will be required to work in collaboration with other staff, volunteers, sponsors and the charity’s network of nominating organisations throughout the country.
For further information please check out this link http://sailtrainingireland.com/documents/ManagerTraineeProgrammedetailedjobspec.docx
Closing date for applications is 5.00 p.m. Wednesday May 31st May 2017.
Please apply be sending your C.V. and a covering letter to [email protected] or to Daragh Sheridan at Sail Training Ireland, Dublin Port Centre, Alexandra Road, Dublin 1
Key duties and responsibilities
● Meeting and liaising with nominating organisations to encourage the use of sail training for youth development.
● Facilitating recruitment and sign-up of trainees from different sources, e.g. youth organisations, schools, scouting organisations, Garda Diversion, individuals, etc.
● Implementation of bursary schemes.
● Assisting with vessel programming and voyage logistics.
● Assisting in preparing applications for funding through EU, Government and non-Government sources.
● Compiling reports, as required, for various funding schemes or programmes.
● Compiling information for updating the STI Website, social media, etc.
● Dealing with general enquiries from the public and trainees.
● Monitoring the progress of voyages and dealing with any trainee-related issues arising on those voyages.
● Maintaining all records and compiling reports on completion of voyages.
● Assisting with the organisation of events on a national basis to promote the value of sail training.
● Updating the information available on the trainee database to ensure that they are fully informed of developments, upcoming events, berth availability, etc. and establishing a team of volunteers to assist with or participate in sail training events.
● Compiling and recording all information in relation to fees paid by trainees in order that an accurate record of any monies paid can be maintained.
● Arranging any measures necessary to cover STI’s obligations under Child Protection Legislation.
● Liaising with Sail Training Ireland Youth Council.
● Other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time by the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have:
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● The drive to work proactively.
● A degree or equivalent third level qualification in a subject/discipline that can be proven relevant to the post or two to three years’ comparable work experience including proven management experience.
● Ability to manage your own workload.
● Demonstrated experience of planning and scheduling multiple projects, of prioritising tasks and adaptability to changing workloads.
● Demonstrated proficiency in information management and information communication technologies, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
● Demonstrated experience and effectiveness as a communicator including report writing, oral and presentation skills
● Experience of working in a team based environment.
● Ability to problem solve and exercise appropriate judgement and decision making.
● Desirable criteria
● A recognized qualification in project management/event management.
● An understanding and knowledge of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures.
● Knowledge of and interest in Sail Training.
● Experience of working in the voluntary sector.