Rowing Ireland has launched a Virtual Regatta. The regatta will run over lockdown bank holiday weekend from 9 am on Saturday the 2nd of May and finish at 5 pm Monday the 4th of May.
This will be an opportunity for our members to represent their clubs and for our members at every level. Whether they are a World medallist or part of our High-Performance team this will give Rowing Ireland members an opportunity to clock their km's with their club and province for some great prizes while staying active.
There are four new Concept 2 ergometers and some exciting spot prizes to be won. Here are the prizes on offer:
- A new Concept2 ergometer for the top club in each province.
- A trophy for the top club in the country.
- There are exciting spot prizes to give out along the way for best photo submission, most metres completed in one day, and best 2k time.
- Individual 1st, 2nd and 3rd medals for most distances in each age category in each province.
How it will work
- Rowers complete their work out and take a selfie with their monitor showing their times
- Input their information, distances in metres and selfie through the Rowing Ireland Virtual Regatta page
Rowing Ireland is encouraging its High-Performance team preparing for Tokyo 2021 and Junior 14 members to wear their club colours proudly and compete in the first Virtual Regatta.