#TitanicPumpHouse – The Belfast Telegraph writes that the historic pump-house that was used for the dock in which the RMS Titanic was built, is to be transformed into a visitor centre for HMS Caroline.
The listed building is the subject of a new planning application by the National Museum of the Royal Navy, which is working towards reopening HMS Caroline to public view in 1916.
HMS Caroline is one of the most historic fighting ships in the world and is the last remaining survivor of the Battle of Jutland, the largest ever maritime battle during the First World War.
She is to be restored to her former glory and it is hoped she will reopen in time for the centenary of the battle at the end of May 1916. To read more details of the plan, click HERE.
As previously reported on Afloat.ie, repairs were carried out late last year on HMS Caroline that involved vital weatherproofing as part of the major restoration programme.