#DublinBay - A Councillor has urged Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council to reject the latest plans for Bulloch Harbour, Dalkey, writes the Dublin Gazette.
Councillor Michael Merrigan (Ind) has called on council planners to reject the current planning application for a mixed use development on the historic south Dublin Bay harbour pier.
Councillor Merrigan said he had considered in detail the planning application, drawings and reports lodged by the applicant with Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, which Afloat adds took place just days before Christmas.
Afloat also adds that the mixed development lodged to DLCC by Bartra Property is for marine commercial, leisure/community and residential buildings.
A public meeting organised by Save Bulloch Harbour, led by Bulloch Harbour Preservation Association, is to be held next Tuesday, 23 January, for further details see photo-caption above.
As the Dublin Gazette continues, original plans were rejected in February last year after almost 300 residents lodged complaints about the proposal.
Cllr Merrigan said: “The current development proposal submitted to the planning authority is inappropriate for Bulloch Harbour.
“It fails to address, the unique sense of place and maritime heritage and character of the area, which needs to be protected and sensitively enhanced as a coastal amenity.
“As a local county councillor for the area I am disappointed that no progress has been made on a master plan for the harbour.”
Cllr Merrigan said he had a number of concerns over the new plan.
He said that it was an inappropriate development for the area and added that it would have a negative impact on the existing fishing boat hire services.
To read more on the development, click here.